BSO

BSO

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Street Art

Of a temporary nature.

Near the English Department at UMass I came upon this snatch of poetry scrawled in chalk. 





This is the poem in its entirety:

WHY DID THE CHILDREN PUT BEANS IN THEIR EARS?

"Why did the children
put beans in their ears
when the one thing we told the children
they must not do
was put beans in their ears?

"Why did the children
pour molasses on the cat
when the one thing we told the children
they must not do
was pour molasses on the cat?"

---CARL SANDBURG



On my way to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in Northampton I saw that someone was praying with chalk near the Haymarket Cafe





Everyone knows that God is Irish.





Especially when He's being cosmic.





Beautiful images whose lifespan is measured between cloudbursts.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy,

Do you stroll youtube looking for young, cute, singer/songwriters?

If so, keep them cu... I mean coming.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Love your blog but, yeah, these vids are getting old, Tom...pardon the pun. Move on to something more varied/interesting or don't submit these in every post.

Tom said...

Oh Anons, be nice. I often prefer amateur versions of songs to the slick originals, they come across more heartfelt. Usually I stumble upon them, but sometimes they are sent to me by the singers themselves who are looking for free promotion. If the singers also happen to be sorta cute, why should I hold that against them?

Anonymous said...

I was encouraging you to keep finding them. Just giving you a little ribbing (for pleasure). I enjoy the music and scenery.

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked this was your blog and therefore I believe you can post whatever the heck you want.