BSO

BSO

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Planter's Snow



 

What on Earth?! Isn't this April? Isn't Sunday Easter? Somebody send Mother Nature the memo because she's acting like it's still February, as you can tell from the view out my bathroom window shown above. Oh well, it will all melt away rather quickly. My maternal grandfather used to call these Spring storms "Planter's Snow" because supposedly they are welcomed by farmers as a form of fertilizer. That never quite made sense to me, since snow is only water, but what does a city boy like me know? 



The classic TV show Leave it to Beaver was before my time in its original run, but it was on every morning in syndication when I was a kid and I'm sure I must have seen every episode at one time or another. Frankly, it is hard for me to feel too youthful when I look at this recent picture of Eddie Haskell, The Beav and Wally. 



No comments: