BSO

BSO

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Amherst Day

Taking it easy. 

 

Yesterday, while waiting at the bus stop, one of my co-workers at the Amherst Survival Center took my picture. 





We have new signs at the center welcoming people in several languages.





Here is a wise sign they put up recently in the meeting room of the Northampton AA meeting known as "The Looney Nooner."





At UMass I stopped in at the convenience store known as "The People's Market."





It is a non-profit co-op, but from the crowd it draws at its Campus Center location I've gotta believe it must make a buck or two.





On the campus concourse some Pagans were promoting their religion. 





Here's an unlikely bumper sticker I came upon at UMass. 





Some people however are not taking the election, or much else, very seriously.

 



2 comments:

Mary E.Carey said...

I love this song and this video was really good, but when I was listening and watching it struck me pretty strongly that it's too bad to write such a pretty song and wish to stand in someone else's shoes, which would be amazing, only to say , "you'd know what a drag it is to see you," when you consider how we can squander time being negative. Just a thought.

Tom said...

A thoughtful analysis, Mary.