BSO

BSO

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All About

Wow, who knew you could get so much knowledge for just 35 cents!



Just a few months ago the woodland way I walk into downtown looked like this.



Now it looks like a big green jungle.



Speaking of green, this dude has been sitting on the Amherst College campus for generations.



All that majestic sitting requires a little refreshment.



Poetic observation in downtown Northampton.



Weird image in a Hamp window.



Big blooming beauty near my house.



Things on my neighbor's porch: stones, pictures, flowers and a hand-woven basket.



I can't believe that J&J's packy in Springfield has gone out of business!



I used to live right by there on Dresden Street, in a scene where no law of God nor Man applied. Another Springfield fixture falling into ruin - Silvano's. It was a favorite of mobsters and corrupt politicians.



A Springfield police officer enters the headquarters.



The photo comes from this website run by someone who tracks and photographs local law enforcement. Check it out here.

A Smith graduate now living in New York City wrote a great blog post about the Rachel Maddow speech last weekend.

While walking towards the President's house to find my parents, I bump into guess who? Rachel Maddow. I quickly asked if I could take a photo with her, and nicer than any celeb she happily took a photo and congratulated me on my hard work and good luck with my future endeavors.



To read it all click here.

In the past Northampton was captivated by a woman with a different ideology.

30 Nov 1967, Northampton, Massachusetts, USA - Miss Julie Nixon, 18, a sophomore at Smith College, shows off her ring after announcing her engagement to David Eisenhower, 19. He is a sophomore at Amherst College.



The Immolators practicing in Easthampton.



“When you let people do whatever they want, you get Woodstock. When you let government do whatever they want, you get Auschwitz.” – Doug Newman

5 comments:

Frederick said...

Julie Nixon outclasses Rachel maddow anyday.

Anonymous said...

Who is this nut following the police around? He could interfere with an arrest or an investigation of a crime. He could also reveal the identity of an undercover cop.

Anonymous said...

Trivia question: What does the J&J on the J&J Package Store stand for?

hint: previous owners first names

Tom said...

Thanks for the info, Anon!

Guy Freeman... err, Anonymous said...

@Anon: He seems like a domestic terrorist to me! Walking around with a camera and taking photographs of events in plain sight is despicable! I hope someone finds me... err, him and full cavity searches him!