BSO

BSO

Saturday, August 25, 2012

On the Mighty Connecticut

This week I had a fun boat ride on the Connecticut River.


Years ago I used to go on the river a lot in my boat. The name of my boat was "Deeper." They were fishing trips mostly, if fishing trips are defined as ending up drunk, stoned and naked without necessarily catching any fish. But that's all in the past now, today I'm just glad to still be around to watch all the beauty go by.


At one point we explored the famous Northampton Oxbow. Here is a pretty intense water skiing ramp.


The Northampton Oxbow as it appeared in 1836.


Here is a video I made as we passed beneath the Calvin Coolidge Bridge.



When we got back we saw a boat that had caught fire that morning. It was a total loss.


Brains for breakfast in the window of Faces back in Northampton.


A farmer and cow seek refuge from the rain in front of the UMass Student Union.


Here is my niece Emily on the Amherst Common with the latest little lassie to join the Devine clan. That's my lost brother in the background.


Joe Carvalho and the Watershops at Sam's Pizza last night.


1 comment: