BSO

BSO

Saturday, September 15, 2012

New Digs

Last week I had an opportunity to visit the construction site of the new Amherst Survival Center.


It is located across the street from Cowls Lumber. Before the University arrived in the 1860's, Cowls Lumber ruled Amherst.


I was very impressed. Here I am in the entrance to what will be the kitchen. Maybe I can cook some Irish meals there. It wouldn't be too difficult, since if you can boil water then you can cook Irish.


On the woodland way into downtown Northampton last week I spotted a fox and managed to whip out my camera just in the nick of time before it slinked off into the forest.


Last night I stopped by the auction to raise money to restore the old courthouse in downtown Hamp. Among the things you could bid on were pristine copies of old courthouse documents and maps.


Former Hampshire Gazette reporter Mary Cary was among the attendees. Now she works for the District Attorney.


The event drew a number of eccentric political types.


It also drew some real politicians, such as Ed Fleury, Hampshire Council of Governments Councilor and Hatfield Selectman Ed Lesko.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the new Survival Center to open!