BSO

BSO

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Old and New

Passing the Bridge Street Cemetery yesterday it was snowing like mad.


I hurried along the woodland way to the cozy comfort of my home.


This morning President Coolidge looked a little silly in his fluffy snow hat.


Today I went to my Uncle Wally's 85th birthday party.


He's the last of the infamous Devine brothers from the old Hood Street gang.


Though the youngest, my father was the first of the three brothers to die, probably because he smoked and drank more than they did. He also laughed more. Here's my father in ol' Pine Point with my sainted grandmother. Note my banana bike parked in the background.


Uncle Wally's generation is almost gone. Gulp, that means my generation is next. Fortunately a new crop of mischievous Devine's are coming along right behind me.


As it was in the dawning - as it always will be.

Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments: