The Baystate Objectivist

The Baystate Objectivist

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flakes

Maybe ya heard it snowed around here the other day.


The snow plows always take a toll. Rest in Peace, city trashcans.


I don't envy my rich neighbor who has to shovel this huge driveway. Well, actually the burden falls on his son. But people like me and my neighbors at the Pedal People commune don't worry about all that because we have chosen to lead lives free of owning any vehicles powered by the internal combustion engine.


On my way downtown I ran into Northampton City Councilor Bill Dwight snowblowing.



Insert joke of your choice about politicians blowing hard here -

My portrait of the Councilor is too dark. He however took a very artistic picture of me.


The view out the window of Bruegger's in Amherst this afternoon.


A beautiful time lapse of the storm from the enchanted witchland of Salem, Mass.




For a sad story about what passes for free speech on campus today click here.

Azwan at The Black Sheep in Amherst last week.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You fought the snow...Meanwhile, your cousin suffered through a cold rainy day of only 57*. But after all, it is Winter! L.