BSO

BSO

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Laborly

There was a Monarch butterfly in my backyard this morning. It had just emerged from its cocoon.



On Labor Day weekend I went to the Amherst Farmer's Market.


It featured items from local farms.


A band was playing.


A rock star was also present, but only I recognized him.


I've seen him at the market in the past, and when I've asked him to pose for a shot, he has always been cool with it, as you can see below. But this time I chose to let him be.


At UMass, they had their Labor Day picnic, featuring this antique tractor.


In the the 1800's, UMass taught primarily courses in agriculture. Now it is a world class university, but it still celebrates its farming roots. The UMass band, just off its MGM appearance in Springfield, played its home turf.





No comments: