BSO

BSO

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wildlife

An angry troll along the Norwottock Trail. I'm over my own angry rant about the election results in Springfield. Hey, the people have spoken - God damn them.



Looks like the Jolly Green Giant has been by.



Feminists too pass this way.



Along the Hadley part of the trail I came upon this group of turkeys crossing a farmer's field.



What is a group of turkeys called? According to Answers.com - A group of turkeys is called a rafter, although a gang is also an acceptable name. They have also alternately been called a gobble, although this definition is colloquial and does not appear in dictionaries.

But my real wildlife thrill this week came while I was traversing the woodland way into downtown Northampton one morning. I whipped out my camera as fast as I could as soon as I spotted this deer staring at me from the clearing!



I quickly turned on my telescopic lens to get a closer shot, but then imagine my amazement as yet another deer entered the viewfinder!



Then both of them melted away back into the woods. How lucky I am to live in such close communion with nature! Emerging from the woodlands onto King Street and then down to Main, I encountered Bill Dwight (right) setting up a table for his City Council campaign. He served on the Council years ago and is trying to get back on.



One of the reasons Dwight may have decided to make a political comeback is because his long running gig working at Northampton's Pleasant Street Video ended over the summer when the joint went out of business. Here's a funny video someone made to mourn its passing.



There is a theory that if anybody ever discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that states that this has already happened. - Paul Kantner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The troll looks more crestfallen than angry. And the deer? The deer are p-l-o-t-t-i-n-g, Tom, and we won't know what they're up to until it's too late.

Anonymous said...

Oh man.... It' s hard to get away with anything using Hitler as a vehicle. But whoever made that video did it! Hilarious!

Mary E.Carey said...

Love the deer pics!