BSO

BSO

Monday, November 12, 2018

Vetting

On Veterans Day (the true Veteran's Day on Novmeber 11th, not the Monday holiday on the twelfth) I admired the majestic skyscape over the lovely landscape at the War Memorial at Amherst College.


I also meandered down to ol'Pine Point in Springfield.


Had lunch at Tony's Pizza, where at 3pm I was the only customer.


Afterwards, I visited some dearly departed in St. Michael's cemetery, which is particularly beautiful this time of year.


I'm slightly amused by this monument to the unborn in St. Michael's. For such a big issue to the church, the monument seems comically small for the size and prominence of its location.


Meanwhile, back in Hamp, my neighbors the Pedal People now have a bike-drawn rickshaw.


This latest addition to their collection of vehicles designed to provide transportation without the internal combustion engine is quite roomy inside.


Up at UMass, there are angry, racist posters in the windows of the Student Union.


What does race have to do with anything? I imagine it requires a sense of humor to be a cop at UMass.


We need some soothing sounds out of Easthampton.





No comments: