BSO

BSO

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Liz is Gone

Top o' the mornin' to you all.


Bernie Sanders was in Springfield the weekend before the Super Tuesday primary, appearing at a facility within Springfield's white elephant civic center.


News accounts put the crowd in attendance at 4,750, but that number sounded fishy to me. I checked the Civic Center's website listing of facilities that they have available besides the main stadium (which was in use that night for a hockey game) and it looks like there is no other space in the building capable of holding that number. Just sayin'.


A red check mark in a blue state.


The election results on Super Tuesday did not make me like look like much of a fortune teller. To my amazement, the big winner turned out to be boring Joe Biden, whom I had earlier dismissed on this blog as "the Jeb Bush of 2020" referring to the former Florida governor who was the big front runner at the start of the 2016 GOP primaries, but who faded fast once the voting started.

Myself, along with 90% of the national punditry, saw Biden on a similar path to failure, until suddenly everyone else running started dropping out. I can't recall anything like that ever happening before, where all the contenders suddenly drop out to pave the way to victory for one candidate. Something weird is afoot, and despite his surge, I'm still not convinced the nominee will be Biden.

In my life I have known several Native Americans. None were blonde. One bit of good news out of Super Tuesday is that the despicably dishonest Elizabeth Warren's third place finish in her home state drove her from the race.


Unfortunately, that means she comes back to Massachusetts to continue to serve as our U.S. Senator, a position in which she has done a terrible job.

Meanwhile, I wonder what is so significant about this date that made someone pay to have this license plate made.


I'm convinced that the robot at Stop&Shop is a spy.



UMass students outside on an unseasonably warm day last week.

No comments: