BSO

BSO

Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Morn at the ASC



This morning at the bus stop I saw this threatening message scrawled on the bench.





I did note that the enemies of skinheads need to learn to spell Amherst.

The bus leaves me off near this farm that donates a lot of food to the Amherst Survival Center where I work for three hours every morning. 





This is my friend who works with me at the Center. He has abandoned his birthname and calls himself simply "Rythom." That is how he spells it, and he has no last name. Rythom has the coolest hair in Amherst. 





This is how it looks from the back.

 



In the same building as the Survival Center is the Amherst Head Start program. Their playground has the skeleton of a geodesic dome as exercise bars.





Afterward I went to have ice cream at the Blue Wall in the Campus Center at UMass. Then I went to check the bus schedule at the UMass travel center. 





On the wall they have this wonderful quote by Ayn Rand that applies to a hell of a lot more than just train rides. 





She sat at the window of the train,
her head thrown back...
The window frame trembled with the
speed of the motion,... And dots of
light splashed across the glass as
luminous streaks... She thought:
For just a few moments - while
this lasts - it is all right to surrender
completely... She thought:
Let go - drop the control
this is it.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957



No comments: