BSO

BSO

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Storm Over

Hamp Scenes

A terrible thunder storm late yesterday afternoon brought down this branch in Coolidge Park in downtown Northampton.





It also brought out this transcendent rainbow.





A t-shirt in the window of Dynamite Records has lyrics by Rob Lind of the popular Boston band Sinners & Saints





"I always listened to music for two reasons," says Rob Lind, pulling on a Budweiser at the Thirsty Scholar Pub, in Somerville. "I listened to music that made me want to smash bottles and break things, and I listened to music that made me want to cry." - Rob Lind in The Boston Phoenix


Also in the window was this poster for the new Rancid album. I like the title, "Let the Dominoes Fall."





I don't know much about the band Rancid, but from their name and poster I suspect that it's not the sort of record you would put on to create a mellow mood. According to the Wikipedia:

Rancid is an American punk rock band formed in 1991 in Albany, California, by Matt Freeman and Tim Armstrong, both of whom previously played in ska punk group Operation Ivy. The band is credited with helping to revive mainstream popular interest in punk rock in the United States during the mid-1990s.

On Bridge Street they salute the Jolly Roger.





At La VeraCruza they like the new Supreme Court nominee.





I don't support Ms. Sotomayor, and the more I learn about her the less I like her.

 

Don Matera is working on a painting of Bela's Vegetarian Restaurant.





1 comment:

kidblast said...

RANCID RULES!!!!