BSO

BSO

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Haymarket Christ

Just a hot and lazy Sunday at dusk and I'm shuffling down Main Street towards the Haymarket Cafe. Nobody's playing any music outside, although musical instruments sit by a bench.



The musicians and fans ignore the instruments and the bench and sit on the sidewalk instead.



Sadie the Wonder Dog loves to lounge with the Haymarket humans.



Nothing much happening, so I guess I'll go inside.



Nothing much happening in here either, with nobody downstairs but a waitress and a computer geek.



Guess I'll just take a seat over here in the corner by the Christ and monk.



Jesus is missing an arm.



The monk looks up at Christ with such adoration.



But if you look closely, their eyes do not meet. Christ is looking right past him.



There is probably some sorta profound allegory of life to be drawn from that, if you think about it long enough and if you look at it right.

But I think I'll just finish my coffee and head home.

Tony Mateus captured this embarrassing mistake in Sturbridge this weekend.



Just goes to show ya you can lead, but that don't mean anybody's gonna follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tommy!

Cammie Novara said...

As I read this The Top 12 Reasons To Burn A Quran On 9/11 site I realized that Tommy Devine's Cosmo Report's commentators truly should read this link: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-12-Top-Reasons-To-Burn-A-Quran-On-911

Mary E.Carey said...

This is a great, classic post -- the pace, the great photos, the observation that Christ is looking past that poor guy.