BSO

BSO

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

1968

My neighbor has three BIG pumpkins.


Leaves are fastly falling upon the woodland way.


Soon I arrive downtown at the LimeRed Teahouse where I look out the window as I enjoy my tea.


From there I pick up some fruit at the Haymarket for consumption later.


Heading to the bus stop, I pass Sid the cat out on his morning walk. He lives at Shop Therapy.


Later, at the UMass library, I examine this exhibit about events that occurred in the Pioneer Valley and elsewhere fifty years ago, in 1968.


Not surprisingly, the founding of the Brotherhood of the Spirit is featured.


Included in the exhibit is a rare copy of the album by the commune's band Spirit in Flesh, although that record was not released until 1971.


To read about my own adventures among the Brotherhood, click here.

Meanwhile, Granny Warren was on the warpath in Western Mass this week. Her release of a DNA test suggesting she might have a tiny trace of Indian blood has made her a national laughing stock.


More footage has surfaced of New Bedford's Quinn Sullivan at the MGM New England Jamband Festival in Springfield last month.


No comments: