BSO

BSO

Friday, April 9, 2021

rockin

Congrats to these Massachusetts state legislators for having the wisdom to vote against the terrible new "climate change" bill.



 

With all the pot shops opening lately, this t-shirt is no lie. 



Truckin' through downtown early one morning....




I passed the old Faces novelty shop. It has been closed for a long time now, but its closing had nothing to do with the foolish lockdown policies that have devastated so much of the downtown economy. 





Faces left town months before the pandemic to relocate to more upscale digs in the Hadley Mall. 




Anyway, while walking past the shuttered shop, I noticed a little blue something sitting on the store's window sill.
 



Oh wow, it's a rock painted like a bug! 




Even more intriguing, there was a message stuck on the bottom of the bug. 




I hate Facebook, which is always trying to censor me these days.





But I did check out the Facebook page referred to, and discovered that these Connecticut based Rainbow Grove Rockers have been planting rocks of various styles all over western New England for a while now. 



Annoyingly, there was one painted in support of the haters Black Lives Matter. Shouldn't they have painted "Black Rocks Matter" instead?


Never mind, it's a cool project with the good intention of spreading a little surprise and whimsy in the world. Now I am faced with the decision of where I should place my little blue bug so that it can continue its adventures by being found by somebody else. I will keep you updated.  

Here's a blast from the past from the old South End. This joint was run by relatives of the former Mayor of Springfield.



Too bad I was too young to see this.



Dann Vazquez chooses life. 



Big close-up photo of Congressman Richard E. Neal in the Boston Globe last week.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was gonna leave Northampton and then I got high....

Tim said...

“More upscale digs?” 🤣