BSO

BSO

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Luva

 

While in Springfield last week I noticed that the long abandoned restaurant Luva on Main Street is showing signs of life. 

 


 

Looking through the dirty windows, I could see some remodeling underway, although the same paintings still hang on the wall. 




Speaking of restaurants, I was at the Westfield Tavern the other day. 



What was interesting to me as a north Valley resident, is how few people were wearing masks. Westfield has no mask mandate. Hey Northampton and Amherst - snap out of it!

 



Every day the Hampshire Gazette publishes little tidbits from their past issues. This two century old announcement is intriguing.

 

photo by m. turner

Sounds pretty cool, but what were they really up to? Public house is an old-fashioned term for a bar. I don't know whether this club actually caught any criminals, but I'm willing to bet they always caught a buzz. 

Wife - Don't tell me you planneth to go forth again drinking with yorn breathren?

Husband - No dearest thou, me and mine boys are just going yonder fighting crime. 

 

Staff of the Amherst Bulletin in 2013 - Nick Grabbe, Rachael Hanley, Mary Carey, Scott Merzbach and Bob Dunn.



 

Somebody still makes this once local brand, but they haven't tasted the same since they left Wilbraham.

 


Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing... - Ken Kesey

 

No comments: